Re-enable Tenant Level Conditional Resource Settings
What is it?
“Resources” are used as a form of data access control. Users with “Restricted Access” permissions are granted limited or defined access to view and playback recordings in 2 ways: via user assignments and resource assignments (e.g. Dialed Numbers). In this way, a user can only access the other user’s recordings (if they have been assigned to view those user’s recordings) or resource assignment (if they have access to view user recordings that come in on a specific Dialed Number/DNIS).
Tenant Admins can now define an AND or an OR condition to be used in conjunction with assigning users and/or resources to a User at a tenant level.
- If you select ‘OR’ radio button, e.g. (Agent ID 100 OR 101 OR 202) OR (DNIS = 500) – User will have access to only calls with DNIS = 500 or matching with any of the assigned agent IDs. User will have access to calls for agents that took calls over ANY DNIS.
- If you select ‘AND’ radio button, e.g. (Agent ID 100 OR 101 OR 202) AND (DNIS = 500) – User will have access to only calls with DNIS = 500 and matching with any of the agent IDs. User will have access to calls for agents that took calls over that DNIS.
- Provide users with another level of data segmentation and access controls to prevent unintended access to recordings.
- Supports use cases where Restricted Users like Supervisors should not access recordings that come in on a specific DNIS. This will help customers maintain compliance to privacy laws. For example, a Health Insurance company does not want Supervisors listening to calls over a reserved line that is used for calls about specific patient health related inquiries.
Good to Know:
AND/OR conditionals can be applied that either:
- Restrict a user from seeing any calls other than those with assigned agent IDs AND a specific Dialed Number resource such as a DNIS
- Restrict a user to seeing any calls to assigned agent IDs or Dialed Numbers such as a DNIS